We have done something massive & truly amazing. We have made the ultimate guide on ‘how to tell someone’ about anything that you want.
You people have been looking all over the world wide web about how to tell someone that you love them, like them, miss them, appreciate them and many of you people have been searching for how to tell someone that you don’t like them, that you are not interested, that you are already committed.
Now you need to search no more. The ultimate guide is here now.
We have neatly organized all of these questions in our guide, just use the table of contents below to learn about what you want to tell someone.
What Will I Learn?
- 1 How to Tell Someone You Love Them – 57+ Subtle Ways to Let Them Know You Love Them
- 1.1 1. Take Interest in ‘Their Interests’ & Their Loved Ones:
- 1.2 2. Share What Matters to You – Your Interests & Your Family:
- 1.3 3. Future Plans – Make Them Now:
- 1.4 4. Be Intimate with them:
- 1.5 5. Write a Letter – Even in 2019:
- 1.6 Here a Few More Ideas on How to Tell Someone You Love Them in 2019
- 2 How to Tell Someone You Miss Them
- 2.1 1.Telling Someone You Miss them when You Have Just Started Dating Someone:
- 2.2 2. How to tell Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend that you Miss them:
- 2.3 3. Telling Your Long-Distance Partner That You Miss Them:
- 2.4 4. Telling Your Crush That You Miss Them:
- 2.5 5 Ways to Tell Someone You Miss them without Saying It
- 2.6 17+ Funny Ways to Say I Miss You – 2019 Updated
- 3 How to Tell Someone You Just Want to be Friends
- 4 How to tell someone You Are Not Interested
- 5 How to Tell Someone You Have Feelings for Them
- 5.1 5 Things to do Before You Tell Someone You Have Feelings for Them
- 5.2 Making the Move – 6 Steps on How to Tell Someone How You Feel About Them
- 5.3 1. Dress for the Occasion:
- 5.4 2. Body Language is the Key:
- 5.5 3. What are YOU bringing to the Table:
- 5.6 4. Set a Meeting:
- 5.7 5. Be Casual & Make the Move:
- 5.8 6. Listen to Your Crush:
- 6 How to Tell Someone How Much They Mean to You
- 7 19 Ways on How to Tell Someone You Appreciate Them
- 8 FAQs on How to Tell Someone’ in 2020 – Love, Like & More:
Do let us know in the comments section below about our ideas and suggestions in this guide. We’ll be waiting.
How to Tell Someone You Love Them – 57+ Subtle Ways to Let Them Know You Love Them
Saying “I Love You” for the first time is difficult. That’s a fact.
Love is not something casual, feeling it and not being able to say it is totally understandable. Love makes us go round in our head. We cannot even do our work properly, then how can we say it (declare) to someone that we love them?
The reality is that love is a huge declaration encompa*sing a lot of things such as attraction, liking, pa*sion, lust, commitment, care, and long-term companionship.
But there are some really effective ways to let him (or her) know that you love them.
In this list of ideas on how to tell someone that you love them, we have collected ideas that are direct as well as subtle. So choose the best idea which suits you on how to tell someone you love them and let us know in the comments section below.
Let me be honest, no matter how much you prepare yourself or much you rehearse everything to its tiniest details. It will be hard (yet amazing) to say “I Love You” to your love for the first time. Just don’t let this thing stop you.
1. Take Interest in ‘Their Interests’ & Their Loved Ones:
We are not talking about ‘love me, love my dog’ type of situation. Rather, we are only talking about taking a genuine interest in the life of the person you want to spend your life with.
Studies have shown that couples with mutual interests lead a more successful and emotionally content life than those who do not share common interests. Therefore, go and explore the life of your love and see what common grounds can you find.
Another way of taking an interest in someone you want to tell that you love them is to take an interest in their family and loved ones. Talk and befriend people who are near to them not only to be near your love but out genuine love and care.
As two people in love share each other’s lives as well, start sharing your life with them from now on.
If he/she does not already know, then introduce him/her to your interests. Take him along with you on an evening walk if that is your thing, or take him to your favorite place where you find peace and solace.
Introduce her to your family and dear ones, let her know that you have people in your life (other than her) whom you love and care.
3. Future Plans – Make Them Now:
This is one of the subtlest ways to let someone know that you love them.
You see, the person whom we want to spend our life with is the person with whom we make future plans. So if you secretly love and like someone then you can start making some future or near-future plans with them. This will surely hint them that you are thinking about the long-term and you are here to stay and that you want them to stay as well.
We are not talking about the future plans about making babies or moving in together, but little things like seeing a particular movie or show together, or having a weekly date to share the updates of your lives.
These things will keep you connected and will allow you to share your deep thoughts and emotions with him. Ultimately deepening the bond between both of you.
4. Be Intimate with them:
Most of the people take the word ‘intimate’ as something sexual. Rather, it is about deeply sharing yourself with someone.
So when we way that be intimate with your loved one, we mean to share your deepest, truest world with them. Share your inner thoughts, goals, ambitions, fears, and everything with them.
Also, allow her the opportunities to be intimate with you as well. Once you develop a connection and opened up with her, it will come naturally to her as well. If it doesn’t, then she might be among one of the emotionally unavailable women.
5. Write a Letter – Even in 2019:
Yes, writing a letter brings our hearts and mind to the paper. When we convert our thoughts and feelings into words, then these words convert themselves into the thoughts and feelings of our love as well.
Be honest and vulnerable in your letter. If it is making you feel vulnerable, then you are doing it right.
Saying ‘I Love You’ directly to him might take him as a surprise. Writing a letter to tell him that you love him will allow him to process those words in a better and mature way.
Tip: Do not hand her the letter when she is upset, angry, or puzzled. Look for the right moment.
Here a Few More Ideas on How to Tell Someone You Love Them in 2019
After talking about the ideas on how to tell someone that you love them, let’s talk about the ideas about how to tell people that you love them whom you have already told it hundreds of times before.
Saying ‘I love you’ again and again can become quite monotonous. Therefore, try these easy, effective and fun ideas to let them know that you still love and celebrate them
- Tell him how special and precious he is to you.
- Give Her a Big Hug. A true, lovely, juice hug!
- Understand them. Let them know that you understand them verbally, emotionally and psychically as well.
- Frequently Appreciate them when they do chores for you. Do not take these gestures for granted.
- Express how you enjoy the particular aspects of your partner. For example, their smile, sense of humor, sense of dressing, their ability to deal with problems, etc. These specific appreciations really work the magic in relationships.
- Celebrate a ‘Praise Day’ for your partner. Throughout the day, you will only praise them. Nothing else.
- Prepare Favorite Meal for your partner as a surprise.
- Help Her with Kitchen Chores, or cook with her.
- Make a picnic with your kids and without your partner. Tell them to relax down and spend some time with their own self.
- Call You Partner when they are away and let them know that you miss them.
- Text Your Partner something intimate, something sassy.
- Email Your Loved One while they are away or at work. Ask them how they are doing and tell them how much you love them.
- Reach out and hold your partner’s hand across the table, car, or couch. These physical gestures release the ‘love chemicals’ in your partner’s brain and strengthen the bond between you.
- Leave random love notes around the house. Let them know that you were thinking of them while being busy with life.
- Surprise them. Do something unexpected. Do something of their choice!
- Contribute to their life in any way you can.
- Listen – Truly Listen to what they are saying, not just with their words, but with their eyes and whole self as well.
- Share What You Have Learned. Sharing your knowledge with your partner can make them feel important and a big part of your life as well. Plus, it will help you remember what you have learned.
- Laugh Together – Laughing Together releases certain chemicals that make us bond deeper and develop long-term memories of each other.
- Ask them if They Need Anything – Asking them outright will first surprise them and then will make them realize that how much you love them. Ask them and genuinely listen to them back.
- Put Your Partner First – Give your partner priority in your life. You can do this to celebrate a ‘Partner First’ day or do it without telling them for they will surely know ultimately.
- Support Them in Their Cause – If your partner believes passionately in something they do support them in their cause. This will truly make them realize that you deeply care about what matters to them.
- Support them in the Life – If your partner going through something rough then you need to be there with them. Being together in the toughest moments of life is the real meaning of love.
- Never Laugh at Them – Being mean or sarcastic to your partner all the time will never make them feel your love. So loosen up your mean and sarcastic comments, and vow never to laugh at your partner, particularly in public.
- Do Not Judge – Judging is the opposite of love. Labeling your partner this or that will only limit your perception of them. This will ultimately damage your relationship to the core.
- Be Kind to their Loved Ones – Being Kind to the people your partner cares about will surely make him realize and know that you love them. It’s one of the best ways of letting your partner know that you love them.
- Do Not Limit Them – Limiting your partner only to the things you like or ‘allow’ is counter to real love. In real love, we let our partner be free and enjoy his own life OUTSIDE of our life. Therefore, do not restrict your partner from the activities he/she enjoys.
- Smile Genuinely – One of the best feelings you can have when you come home tired is seeing your partner welcoming you with a genuine, warm smile on her face. So tell your loved one that you love them with the genuine and special smile you have for specifically for them.
- Be Energetic, Excited & Fully Present with Them – Being with your partner, sharing your time together, should not be taken lightly. Be excited to see your partner to be with her because these things are worth being exciting for.
- Tell Them That They are the Reason for Your Happiness – We all have happy moments throughout our day which reminds us of our partners. Therefore, take these moments as opportunities to share with your partner about how this incident made you happy AND reminded you of them.
- You Love Your Partner Completely – We humans are not merely physical beings. We have our heart, mind, and soul as well. So, let your partner know that love their whole being. You love their heart as much you love their mind and you love their gorgeous body as much as you love their soul.
- Genuinely ask Them about Their Day – Generally, we do not share the sad or difficult parts of our day with our partner. Asking your partner ‘how was your day’ will allow them to share those difficult parts with you as well.
- Kiss Them Good Night – Every Night!
- Greet them Good Morning – Every Morning!
- They are on Top! – Let your partner know that they are the number one in your life.
- Consult Your Partner – Ask the opinion of your partner on important decisions in life and act on them as well. This shows that you take your partner seriously
- Appreciate them for the Input – Even if you disagree with your partner’s input, tell them which part of it is good and seems really helpful to you. I appreciate them for that input.
- Tease Your Partner – Being too serious will not create rainbows in your love life. Tease your partner by calling him cute names, touching him on his body, and saying some ‘sassy s*xy’ things into his ears occasionally.
- Flirt with Your Partner – Flirting is mysterious, therefore, everyone loves it. Remember the feeling of your partner flirting with you prior you married each other. Try to remind them of the same feeling by flirting with them in creative ways.
- Let Them Choose What You Wear – Letting your partner decide about your outfit occasionally will let them know that you trust them and let them represent you.
- Workout Together – This can be your routine as well. Working out together is really a healthy and ‘sweaty’ way to tell someone that you love them.
- Remember That Date? – One of the most treasured memories of a couple is their first day. So why not recreate that amazing date once again to reignite your love and pa*sion for each other!
- Write Something for Your Partner – Write a romantic poem or a beautiful song for your partner. Don’t let the fear of ‘not being creative enough’ stop you from doing this. It’s the act that matters.
- How Lucky – Tell them that you genuinely feel lucky to have them in your life. Show your gratitude for their presence in your life.
- Share Your Past – Being open and honest with your partner is an essential building block of lasting love. So, share something naughty or funny from your past with your partner, something which you haven’t shared with many people at all.
- Do not Criticize – If you are noticing something negative about your partner, be gentle about it. We all weaknesses and flaws love never criticizes. Gently point your partner’s attention to this aspect in a manner that is not aggressive, abusive, or demeaning.
- Coupon of Love – Buy your partner a coupon or a gift certificate for their favorite store so that they can buy anything that they want. It will be a treat for them.
- Your Mood is Not Your Partner – Often times when we are feeling down, we blame our partners for supposedly making us feel like that. Never do this, instead let them know that they are feeling down and that YOU NEED THEM, LOVINGLY.
- Be Silly – Remember that it’s in the small things in life that we find real happiness.
- Playlist of Love – Make a playlist of love songs and dedicate it to your partner. Do keep their musical taste in mind while curating for the playlist.
- Share Your Dreams – We are not talking about sharing your life dreams with each other, although that is good. We are talking about LITERALLY SHARING YOUR DREAMS with your partner. Ask about their dreams as well, if they are comfortable in sharing.
- Laugh at Silly Jokes – Making a joke and receiving a poker face from the audience is the worst thing one can expect. Do not make your partner feel bad if they have made some stupid joke in the public. Laugh out of love for your partner.
- Be Loveable – Making it hard for your partner to love you will make you appear demanding to your partner. Therefore, be easy and flexible. Make loving you smooth work for your partner.
Telling Someone that you love them can be one of the difficult things to do in life. This is they why we have shared the most comprehensive and detailed guide on how to tell someone you love them.
Let us know your own ideas and suggestions in the comments section below.
How to Tell Someone You Miss Them
Whenever someone asks us how to tell someone you miss them then our immediate answer is always to just tell them. You can call them, text them, set-up a meeting a tell them that you were missing them. But sometimes, this simple advice won’t or cannot work.
Therefore, we are adding this section on ‘How to Tell Someone You Miss Them’ in this ultimate guide.
First things first, you have to decide about the type of relationship with the person whom you are missing. The nature of your relationship will determine the best way to tell someone that you miss them.
For example, the status of your relationship can be among the followings:
- You have just started dating someone.
- You are a long-term boyfriend/girlfriend.
- You both are in a long-distance relationship.
- You both are far away (for a period).
- You both are Married
Therefore, take some time and clear yourself about the stage and status of your relationship before telling your partner that you miss them.
Never underestimate the power of telling someone you miss them because these two words can really change the whole thing for you. Because these words can bring both of you closer, you can deepen your connection and increases your value, respect, and worth in the eyes of your partner.
Now let’s talk about the best way to tell someone that you miss them according to the stages of the relationship described above.
1.Telling Someone You Miss them when You Have Just Started Dating Someone:
If you have just started dating someone and you are already missing being with this person then the best way to tell them that you miss them is by sending a text message.
Yes, this is a direct way of telling that you are missing him or her, but believe us, this simple act, and truly reveal to you many things about your relationship.
But, if you don’t want to be this straightforward and blunt then you can try out the following options to tell a date that you are missing them:
- I have been thinking about you since last night.
- I can’t wait to see you again.
- Hey, I don’t know what’s the matter with me, but I cannot seem to get you out of my head!
- All the beautiful things around me are reminding you.
You can also try sending ‘good night and ‘good morning’ texts to your newly found love to let them know that you are thinking about them when you are alone.
Consider this, what’s the worst thing that can happen?
If they will ignore your message, then you will know the stage of your relationship. However, if they respond positively (which is most likely) then you can really have a shot at a beautiful relationship.
2. How to tell Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend that you Miss them:
Being in a solid relationship is a true blessing in life. But sometimes, even partners in long-term relationships have to be apart from each other. One of you might be on vacation, work trip, or visiting his/her family.
In this situation, expressing that you are missing your partner can only strengthen the relationship. Also, if you do not express this feeling, it can hurt your relationship as well.
Here are a few ways to tell someone that you miss them if they are your boyfriend or girlfriend:
- Call them!
- Text them some sweet “I Miss You” messages.
- Send Your Selfie to them
- Ask them to send you their selfie.
- Share exactly what are you missing (being in bed by their side, their company, etc.)
3. Telling Your Long-Distance Partner That You Miss Them:
Long-Distance Relationships are quite hard. You guys are already so far from each other. In this scenario, simply saying that you miss your partner might become quite boring or repetitive.
In this case, you really need to find some creative and special ways to tell your partner that you are missing them. Below are a few suggestions to take inspiration from:
- Video-Call Them Instead of Voice Call (if you aren’t already)
- Select specific moments you both enjoyed from your past and let them know that you want to experience those moments again.
- Write Letters – This can be really a classic way to tell them that you miss them.
- Send Postcards – You can use this method occasionally with creative and special postcards relevant to your partner’s interests.
- Gifts – Sending each other gifts from so far away really communicates that you are missing your partner and that you really care about making their day special.
- Include them in your day – Have their opinion about what to wear in the office today, etc.
4. Telling Your Crush That You Miss Them:
Before answering the question of how to tell your crush that you are missing them or want to meet them again, you need to consider this question as well: Should you tell your crush that you are thinking about them? Or Not?
It is possible that your crush is already accessible to you. You both might be social media friends, classmates, or colleagues. You guys talk to each other, but not romantically. So expressing that you are thinking about them and missing them might come off as a bit inappropriate.
Therefore, try the following ways to tell your crush that you are missing them:
- Social Media – You can use social media channels to tag them in various things which might be of interest to them.
- Share songs on your timeline which both of you enjoyed together. Tag them and let them know that you are listening to the song right now.
- Share a photo of a trip you both went to or of a place where you would like to go. Let them know by means of a tag or mention in the comment that you would like to visit the place with them.
- Take a bold step and tell them that you think about them quite a lot. There is a high chance that they will reciprocate.
- Bring them their favorite food item and tell them that you came across this store and brought this for them because you know that they like it.
All of these methods imply that you are missing and thinking about your crush, except method # 4.
5 Ways to Tell Someone You Miss them without Saying It
Sometimes, you just don’t want to use the words to explain your feelings. Sometimes, you are not on ‘talking terms’ with your partner, but still, want to let him know that you are missing him.
Sometimes, your feelings are so precious and beautiful that words cannot encompass them.
Whatever be the reason, here are a few suggestions on how to tell someone that you miss them without saying it in words:
- Action Speaks Louder Than Words – Express your love to your partner through your actions because actions are much louder than the words. Through your behavior in front of them and behind them, the message should be loud and clear. YOU ARE MISSING THEM.
- Call Him (for no reason) – Calling someone without any reason might be annoying for them, but if you call with your sweet voice carrying the message of your heart that you are missing them and longing for them, then this call can make all the difference.
- Let Him Know He is on Your Mind – We can express that we are thinking about someone in subtle ways. For example, if you are browsing through social media and found something which reminded of him, send that post or media to him immediately. This will show him that you are thinking about him in your daily life.
- Express Your Need for Him – Telling that you miss someone again and again can become quite repetitive as mentioned above. However, if we try to be a little creative and tell him that we ‘need’ him then the effect is quite better yet the message remains the same. For example, texting him that you are feeling lonely without him, or texting her that the food seems tasteless without her by your side can truly express that you are actually missing him/her badly.
- Hug of Heart – Hugging someone truly, with all your body and all your heart communicates a lot. Therefore, when both of you’ve been far from each other and finally meets, giving each other a solid hug will let both of you know how much you missed each other – without actually saying it.
So, these are our suggestions on six ways on how to tell someone that you miss them without actually saying it.
17+ Funny Ways to Say I Miss You – 2019 Updated
Humor and Fun is a really great way to bond with someone. Therefore, saying that you miss someone in a clever, unique, and a fun way will brighten up your relationship.
In this section of ‘how to tell someone that you miss them’, we are adding some really fun ways to say ‘I Miss You’ to your love as well.
Below is a great list of funny ways to say I Miss You:
- You got to admit something, life would be totally boring without me.
- I really miss you love, but as much as you are missing me. Yes, I am more awesome than you.
- ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST VWXYZ. I think I missed something. Oh, it’s U!
- Stop asking again and again about why the chicken crossed the road. Answer me instead, why you always cross my mind?
- Are you tired? Because you are running in my mind 24/7!
- I wish I could just copy and paste you here in my bed.
- I miss all six inches of you, my love!
- I always miss checking enough one thing my to-do list, You!
- You are really so much to think of, my dear.
- I miss you like a fat boy misses his burger.
- I want to eat you, errr… I meant I want to eat with you.
- The sun forgets to shine in my world whenever you are away.
- I keep telling my body not to miss you, but it can’t help itself.
- I am holding you in my mind and in my heart until I can hold you again in my arms.
- It’s an understatement to say I Miss you.
- If missing you would make $1, I would be a millionaire by now!
- Hey, I miss some joker in my life, is it you?
- I am good for nothing. Oh, except for missing you.
Missing someone means that we love them, want them, and are grateful for their presence in our life. We have shared some of the most effective and creative ways to tell someone you miss them.
If you have further ideas and suggestions to add to this list then let us know in the comments section below.
How to Tell Someone You Just Want to be Friends
Can men and women be ‘only friends’ is the million-dollar question being debated all the time.
Yes, it is awkward when one person feels a butterfly in his stomach without the other feeling the same way. If you are with a guy with whom you want to be just friends, but you are sensing that he is developing feelings for you, then this section on how to tell someone that you just want to be friends is worth a read for you.
The biggest dating challenge for women can be keeping a man ‘just a friend’. Because men are biologically wired to look for ways to propagate the human species. They say that men think about sex every seven seconds!
In this case, how can a woman enjoy a man’s company without committing to a sexual relationship or dumping the relationship altogether?
Here are a few tips to tell him that you just want to be friends:
1. Do not Send Mix Signals:
The number one mistake lies here on the shoulders of women. Knowingly or not, women usually send mixed signals to men, who then take these signals as the hints that the woman is also available and feeling the same way towards them.
So if you want to be just friends, then stop sending him the mixed signals.
If you keep allowing him (or yourself) to open the door for you, take you out on dinner, pay the bill, buy you gifts, then he will surely feel that he is romantically dating you. He will believe that he is courting you and he will naturally expect a physical connection as well.
So the first thing you need to do is to stop sending him such hints. Stop flirting him, stop touching him time to time during the conversation and stop wearing ‘romantic dresses’ for him when you are only going out with him.
2. Decide for a Time & Place
Telling someone that you want to be just friends can hurt him a lot. For both genders, it takes a lot of courage and self-confidence to accept any kind of rejection.
But we got to do what we got to do. Therefore, if you want to tell someone you just want to be friends then you need to do it in the best possible manner.
When and where you are going to break the news matters a lot.
Here are a few suggestions on picking the right place and time for this conversation:
- Select a place which is casual and unromantic. If you decide to break the news in a cozy, dim-lit romantic environment then it’s going to feel a lot worse. Therefore, pick a place where you would never think of going on a date.
- Do not tell him at night. The night is somehow designated for ‘romantic feelings’. Pick a day time for your meeting.
- Pick a time when he is relaxed. You cannot be sure about this, but picking a time that you know is particularly stressful for him will only make him feel a lot more stressed. Do not tell him before the big days of his life, like birthday, exam, promotion, etc.
- Don’t Prolong. If you have decided that it’s about time to tell him that you just want to be friends then do not wait any longer. Look for the nearest time (according to the above-mentioned tips) and take the step. The longer you wait, the harsher it will be for both of you.
3. Practice What You Will Say:
Telling someone you just want to be friends is quite stressful not only for the receiving person but also for yourself too. Therefore, there is a high probability that you are going to speak the wrong words or look totally stupid while breaking the news.
If you want to tell someone you want to be friends without hurting them then there are two things to keep in mind while practicing what you’ll say: Being Simple & Tone of Voice.
By being simple we mean that you don’t have to give a long lecture and a complete history of your relationship. All you have to tell him (or her) that you enjoy their company and don’t want to ruin it in any way.
By the tone of voice, we mean that you don’t have to be too rude to get the message across or you don’t want to be too ‘weak’ to lessen his or her pain. Be confident in your tone of voice, it should show that you really mean what you are saying and that you have already thought about it a lot, so it is not open for discussion.
Another tip on how to tell someone you just want to be friends is to write on paper. Write everything down and then you’ll know what exactly to say to get the best results.
4. Imagine His Reaction & Be Prepared:
Look, Newton’s law of action and reaction applies here as well. So it’s best to be proactive about the reaction which you are going to receive after telling someone you just want to be friends.
There can be two possible reactions:
- If your friend is a shy and sensitive person then the chances are that she will not have much to say after hearing this news. Therefore, in this situation, you should prepare yourself to offer some rea*suring words and even some heart lightening comments as well.
- If your friend is an extrovert, then the chances are that he is going to say a lot of things after hearing this news. In this case, you should prepare yourself to truly listen to him. Once he has said everything, you may want to re-state your decision and let him know that it’s not about him being ‘less’ or anything.
5. Recover Your Friendship:
It’s not going to be nice and easy after you tell someone you just want to be friends. So be prepared to do something consciously to recover your friendship after the news.
Here a few effective tips on how to tell someone you want to be friends while not damaging your friendship:
- Don’t Break it Off Yourself – It is quite probable that both of you are going to see each other even after this episode. In this case, your actions & behavior will determine whether you want to continue the friendship or not. So do not make him feel awkward after this episode. Don’t tell anyone what happened between you, don’t try to avoid him or run away from him. Just remain what you always have been with him, friends.
- Take a Break – If you are sensing that he/she is being hurt just by being around you, then it is best to give it a break. Sometimes, not seeing someone for a week or two can really heal the wounds and bring the confidence back.
- Be Nice in Groups – Taking a break means that you are not inviting him to dates and movies like the old times. It does not mean that you stop seeing him altogether. You should still talk to him in a group and be nice to him in a setting where both of you just happened to be around.
- Become Friends Again – After you’ve given the due break to the friendship, it’s time to become friends again. Start by inviting on a coffee or a movie or to a group hangout. Who knows that you will be laughing about the whole thing after some time. But it is also possible that one of you still don’t want to go back to being friends because of all the pain and embarrassment. In this case, it is best to accept the situation and move on.
So it does not matter if you want to tell your co-worker that you want to be friends or you want to tell a teenager, even if you looking for tips on how to tell a girl that you want to be friends, all of the above tips and suggestions works perfectly well.
These are our best suggestions on how to tell someone you want to be friends without hurting them. If you have some nice tips or want to share your personal experience, then share them with us in the comments section below.
How to tell someone You Are Not Interested
Yes, it’s awkward. But it happens. There is someone who is insisting you go out with him, or there is a girl whom you have dated one or two times but it Is not working anymore, follow these steps to tell someone that you’re not interested.
1. Think about Your Reasons:
We have reasons for everything. What are your reasons for not being interested in someone? Think about this question and list down all of your reasons.
This list will help you in the next step of telling someone you are not interested easily.
Your reasons can range from not having similar interests to not feeling ‘connected’ with someone despite all the apparently good signs. Even if you don’t have a definable reason at the moment, a list that feeling down on this list.
Also, if your date has seriously offended or scared you by doing random things in weird ways:
- Showing Up at your Apartment Uninvited
- Sending Your Dozens of Texts
- Investigating about You etc.
Then you have all the reasons to bluntly and openly express that you are not interested in this person and that such behaviors are not acceptable.
2. Respect The Nice Person – Treat them with Kindness:
Being rejected by someone can be the worst feeling in the world. If the person you are dating or seeing is a nice person then he/she deserves to be respected and told that he or she is basically a really good person.
You can say something along the lines of:
“Hey, you are really a good person and I’ve enjoyed hanging out with you. It’s just that I haven’t found that internal connection with you – which YOU deserve in your partner – so I think it’s not working for me. I am glad that I came to know you in life and again, you are bound to have someone better than me”
In this way, you are not damaging that person’s self-worth and self-image.
3. Text Instead of Ghosting:
If you are looking to tell someone you’re not interested and you are bad with words, then texting can be your friend.
Look dear, if you are bad with words, then it is better to send a text and communicate your feelings there instead of just ghosting that person.
A simple text like “It’s been good to know you but I think we are not really meant for each other. I hope we find someone we can really connect with” can be a lot better than you simply ghosting the poor person.
Another benefit of texting is that you plan and structure your words carefully. You can spend as much time as you want to craft a really nice and effective text to really send the message across.
4. Communicate that You are at a different stage in life:
Sometimes, people who are dating each other are simply at different stages of life.
While one may be thinking of setting in, the other is thinking about doing a start-up or having a trip around the world.
If this is the case with you, then you better communicate that you are not for each other just because you are at different stages of life.
Being at a different point in life, whether physically (age, financial status, etc) or mentally (clarity, doubts, fears, etc) makes you incompatible for each other because your ‘relationship expectations’ will be totally different.
In this case, you can say something like:
“I have been thinking about our relationship and it seems that we are at different points in life altogether. I believe that this will make a lot of conflicts if we moved any further, therefore, I would like to stop here. Let me be clear, it’s not about you, it’s just about life. It’s been good to know you, sincerely.”
5. Use the Sandwich Approach:
The sandwich approach is a wonderful communication strategy. It involves keeping the bad part (criticism, rejection, etc) in the middle of positive parts.
For example, if you want to tell your kid that he is not doing his homework properly through the sandwich approach, you would say something like this:
“Hey Son, You are really doing good at your household chores and I am really proud of you. I’ll be even happier if you could just do your homework on a daily basis. Your teacher appreciates you a lot and says that you are one of the most attentive students in the whole class”.
See, in this way, the child will be focusing on his positive traits as well and will see the negative part as the space for improvement.
How can you apply the sandwich approach to telling someone you are not interested? Let us know in the comments section below.
6. Don’t Invite them to ‘Be Friends’:
Since rejecting someone takes a lot of courage and boldness, we usually tend to feel guilty in our stomach and try to compensate the person because of it.
The most common approach of compensation is by inviting them to become friends.
This is not something bad in and itself. But pushing someone to be friends after rejecting them is not pleasant either. Also, avoid saying that they are like your brother (or sister) since it will come as weird and may hurt their feelings as well.
7. Never Apologize:
Look, there is no need to apologize and say sorry in telling someone you are not interested after a few dates. You are saving a lot of time and hassle not only for yourself but for them as well.
Therefore, don’t let your guilt overtake you and combine the “I am sorry” with telling them that you are interested. This will do more harm than benefit.
First, it will weaken your message and imply that there is some space remaining of being interested. Second, it will make them feel that you are pitying them which will make them feel even worse.
We hope that this section on how to tell someone you are interested after a few dates or even after the first meeting will provide you much value and practical tips on actually telling someone that you are not interested.
For your ease, here is a recap of all the 7 Steps on How to Tell Someone You Are Not Interested:
- Think about Your Reasons
- Respect The Nice Person – Treat them with Kindness
- Text Instead of Ghosting
- Communicate that You are at a different stage in life
- Use the Sandwich Approach
- Don’t Invite them to ‘Be Friends’
- Never Apologize
How to Tell Someone You Have Feelings for Them
Having romantic feelings for someone changes the whole dynamics of the relationship between the two people. It impacts them in all kind of funny ways. What’s worse is when you cannot even have the courage or words to express your feelings for someone.
In this section, we are going to share practical tips and strategies on how to tell someone you have feelings for them.
While it is not guaranteed that these strategies on how to tell someone you have feelings for them will bring you success in reciprocation, there is a high chance that these tips on expressing your feelings to someone will increase your chances of success.
Here is a great Quora answer to telling someone that you like them:
5 Things to do Before You Tell Someone You Have Feelings for Them
First of all, we have to be clear with our own self. We need to really assess our emotions for the person and then check if it is realistic that the other person will reciprocate.
Here are a few things you need to take care of before you tell someone you have feelings for them:
- Figure Out Your Own Feelings – is it just a Phase or Something More?
- What are Your Chances? – Consider the realistic chances of a Positive Response
- Is Your Crush Ready to Mingle? – Check if your crush is already committed to someone or not.
- Look for the Signs of Attraction – Is your crush giving (exclusively) you some signals?
- Make Sure You Are Stable in Life – This can bring a lot of Drama, make sure you are ready for it!
Making the Move – 6 Steps on How to Tell Someone How You Feel About Them
If after asking all of the above questions you still want to go ahead and share your feelings with your crush, then we invite you to read the following steps on telling someone about you feel about them.
These steps will help you a lot in communicating your feelings effectively.
1. Dress for the Occasion:
Look, mate, telling someone how you feel about them is a nerve-wracking thing to do. You require a lot of confidence to actually do this thing.
The best and the easiest way of gaining a confidence boost is by dressing yourself up for the task, which in this case, is telling someone how you feel about them.
We are not advocating for getting all flashy and ‘s*xy’, we are only asking you to dress up the right balance of comfortability and look.
Remember, this is not to impress your crush about how beautiful you are but to make yourself more and more self-confident so that you can actually exhibit your inner beauty and feelings.
2. Body Language is the Key:
Another important element in telling someone you have feelings for them is the body language.
Research has proven again and again that words only a very small part of the overall communication. Therefore, we need to make sure that our body language is not threatening or shy, but confident, bold, and radiant.
Few things to consider are:
- Have a Good Posture
- Make Eye Contact
- Have a Genuine Smile
- Firm Movements
Having a strong body language will actually provide you a solid confidence boost to tell your crush that you have feelings for them.
3. What are YOU bringing to the Table:
Every relationship is a two-way street which involves give and take from both parties. What will you be bringing in this relationship if things turn out to be in your favor?
Answer this question honestly and think about all the good things and personality traits you have. This is not the time to be shy with yourself, list down all the good things about yourself, and consider which of these things will benefit the relationship in the longer term.
We are not talking about the material benefits, but emotional and intellectual compatibility.
This activity will also provide you confidence that you are not ‘needy’ in this situation, but only the first one to express your feelings.
4. Set a Meeting:
Do not make the mistake of telling how you feel about someone over the text or (worse) email!!
Make the bold move, if you want to tell your crush how you feel about him then you have to meet him in the first place.
Invite your crush to a coffee or simply to an evening in the park. You don’t have to tell them any agenda, just you guys are meeting for enjoying each other’s company.
5. Be Casual & Make the Move:
The first tip in meeting with your crush is to make it calm and casual.
Look, you enjoy being with this person, so talk about all the things you guys can talk about. Keep it casual for yourself as well.
When the time is right, make the move by making eye contact and sharing your feelings in the best possible manner possible for you.
Another effective move you can make is to communicate through your body language. Hold your crush’s hand, or be close to their body. This can create a much better effect.
Let him know the feelings inside you. Tell him about the reasons you like him. Remain confident and treat all of this as a positive experience.
6. Listen to Your Crush:
After you have shared all of your heart’s feelings, now it’s time to listen to your crush.
We know, the difficult part was not about telling your feelings but dealing with the fear of how your crush will respond. This is the time to see it for yourself.
Let your crush respond. Wait for him to say something. Maintain eye contact and a natural smile on your face, if he is not saying anything, tilt your head a bit (it’s a psychological trick) or move a bit closer to him, he’ll start to speak.
Listen to everything he has to say, do not interrupt, or make conclusions. If your crush is responding positively, then it’s a win.
If he is responding in anger or in a negative manner, then you need to do the damage control. Communicate that you wanted to express your feelings just for the sake of it. Tell him that you don’t want to complicate the things between both of you and tell him that a romantic relationship isn’t the only thing you are looking for.
Let your crush understand that you care and love him as a friend as well and that this friendship is more precious than any other thing. If both of you need some time away or a break from the relationship, do it gracefully.
Our crush can literally paralyze us. Facing them and telling that we have feelings for them is one of the most difficult things to do in life. Nonetheless, we have shared some of the best and effective ways of telling someone you have feelings for them in the above part of this guide.
If you have any interesting experience or suggestions to share with us about telling someone we have feelings for them then do let us know in the comments section below.
How to Tell Someone How Much They Mean to You
It’s important to communicate with your loved ones that they mean a lot to you. Therefore, in this section of the guide, we are going to discuss how to tell someone how much they mean to you before it is too late.
You see, telling someone how much they mean to you is important because we need constant reminders for everything. Sometimes, we tend to give a message to our loved ones that we are taking them for granted. In such situations, it is even more important to remind them that they mean a lot to you.
Now you don’t have to be blunt and awkward by saying that “Hey, You Mean a lot to me” (Although it’s a great thing to do), you can express your love for them in a lot of different ways.
Pick your favorite among the list of ways on how to tell someone how much they mean to you:
- Be There for Them in All Situations – It Means a Lot
- Let them Know that You Feel “YOU” when you are around them – They Make You Feel at Home
- Make Future Plans with Them – It shows that You See Future WITH Them
- Compliment Them – Genuinely Compliment Things You Like about this Person
- Be Thoughtful for Them – Do Things for them Without Them Asking for It
- Listen to Them – Listening is a powerful way to tell someone how much they mean to You
- Kiss Them – Kissing is the Universal form of Acceptance – Kiss Them on Forehead or Cheek if it’s not a romantic relationship
- Include them in Your Life – Including someone in your everyday life speaks how much they mean to you.
- Bring them in Your Social Circle – Introducing someone to your friends and family tell them that you trust them and consider your friend and/or family.
- Notice the Small Details – Noticing things about someone tell them how they mean to you because it says that you really look at them. You remember them. You Pay Attention to them!
- Sharing Silence – Being Silent with Someone (Comfortably) Shows that you are really comfortable with each other.
- Sending Random Texts – Texting Randomly (sweet messages) to someone means that you are thinking about them even when you away from each other.
- Wishing Each Other Good Night – Having someone in your mind at the last minutes of your day speaks a volume about how much someone means to you.
- Give Them Gifts – They don’t have to be expensive.
- Touch Them – Some people really appreciate the physical expression of love. So touch them (if both of you are comfortable) occasionally during the conversation to express your love.
- Use Kind Words – Your choice of words and tone speaks about your attitude with the person.
- Spend Time with Them – Spending Time with people communicates that they mean a lot to you.
- Appreciate Specific Things – Their Smile, Energy, Helping Nature, etc.
- Truly Laugh with Them – Sharing & Enjoying Someone’s Sense of Humor is a great way to bond
Telling someone how much they mean to us is important. It let the other person that he/she is valued and appreciated.
Let us know in the comments section below about your ideas and suggestions to add to this list on telling someone that we value and appreciate them.
19 Ways on How to Tell Someone You Appreciate Them
Mark Twain once remarked that he can live for two months on a good compliment. This is the power of appreciation. Mark Twain knew the power of words and he qualified the compliment as ‘good compliment’.
So, in this section, we are going to share some of the best ways on how to tell someone you appreciate them so that you can give them a ‘good compliment’ and they can live happily for two months.
Knowing how to appreciate someone is critical because sometimes our appreciation can be taken as some form of a hint as well. Therefore, read these strategies on how to tell someone you appreciate them and become the generous appreciator in the house.
Here is a list of ways of telling someone you appreciate them in creative ways:
- Acceptance – Letting Someone know that You Accept them as they are can be magic for them.
- Special Person – Telling him or her that they are special to you. Tell them that they are above other people in your life.
- Tell Them How Much You Enjoy Being Around them – This will show how much you appreciate them as a person.
- Offer Help – Being mindful about someone and offering help communicates that you appreciate them and their efforts and you care about them.
- Hold their Hand – If it is alright for them, then holding their hand will communicate that you appreciate them and want to be close to them.
- Hug – Hugging someone releases powerful chemicals to strengthen the bond and love between people.
- Let Them Know That They Inspire You
- Appreciate Their Specific Traits – Smile, Helpfulness, Responsibility, etc.
- Tell Them That You Feel Relax and Happy Around Them.
- Tell Them That Their Presence Made It All Ok for You.
- Show Them That You Have Learned Something from them.
- Remind them of the generous act they did for you in the past.
- Let them know that you are grateful to have them in your life.
- Show Them That You Trust them.
- Tell Them That They Give You Courage.
- Tell Them That You Feel Safe with them.
- Tell Them That You’ll Be There for them.
- Appreciate their Sense of Humor.
- Share with them Big News of Your Life – Let them know that they are the First to Know it.
So these are our tips and ideas on how to tell someone you appreciate them in unique and creative ways. Let me be clear, not knowing how to appreciate someone should not stop you from appreciating that person.
Life is short, we don’t know how long we will know each other. Therefore, it is best to pick up the above-mentioned ways on how to tell someone that you appreciate them and go out and appreciate that sweet fellow of yours.
Let us know about your experience in the comments section below.
FAQs on How to Tell Someone’ in 2020 – Love, Like & More:
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h2″ question-0=”How do you let a man know you Love him?” answer-0=”You can follow the following tips. You can give him a compliment on his appearance. ask him for advice, wear the outfit that he likes, and give him your attention.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h2″ question-1=”What can I say instead of I love you?” answer-1=”Well, you can choose any other way to inform him about your feelings such as we are soul mates, I’m crazy about you or for you I will take a risk at all.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h2″ question-2=”How do you express love in words?” answer-2=”There are many ways to say I love you in words such as I want a lifetime with you,I ‘m better because of you or my love for you unconditional and eternal.” image-2=”” headline-3=”h2″ question-3=”How do you express love in one word?” answer-3=”To define love in one word is quite difficult. But you say Love means Understanding because understanding is the root cause of any relationship.” image-3=”” count=”4″ html=”true” css_class=””]